Not that kind of bugging out!
Some of you may have heard the term “bugging out”, since shows like “Doomsday Preppers” and the likes have gain popularity on network television. While we salute extreme disaster preparedness preppers, we also know it is not a high priority for most.
However, regardless if you believe the end of the world is near or not, it is still important to be prepared.
Bugging Out: To evacuate your home or city in a short amount of time due to a natural disaster or other occurance that directly affects your well being.
Here are 10 tips to ensure you stay safe and ready to get out when you need to.
1) Stay informed about potential risks in your area. Whether those are natural disasters or other threats.
2) Prepare an emergency kit bag like this one with at least 3 days worth of food, water and supplies.
3) Have an evacuation location you will go to in the event it is needed.
4) Know your Evacuation routes.
5) Always have your vehicle prepared. Do not let your gas get too low and keep it well-maintained.
6) Have a backup plan for transportation. If traffic is heavy, you may be better off on a bike.
7) Be prepared to walk. Have good walking shoes in arms reach in case you need to grab them and go.
8) Follow the rules. Do not break any laws and risk getting yourself or someone else hurt.
9) Stay together! If you are traveling with family and/or friends, do your best to stay together. Cell phones and other means of communication may be down.
10) Don’t forget your pets! If you cant bring them along, have a few shelters set-up to take them in the event of an evacuation.
Stay Safe. Be prepared.